Booking your wedding vendors is a crucial step in your planning process. In this article we’ve listed 13 potential vendors to interview, it’s essential to ask the right questions to ensure they’re the perfect fit for your big day. Our guide provides you with a comprehensive checklist of questions, so you never miss a beat.
Be thorough when asking your questions to make sure that you are getting the most out of your vendor! We have provided an extensive list of questions to discuss with each of your vendors.
You may not feel like you need to ask every question on our list and that is just fine! We wanted to make sure that all of your possible bases will be covered when it comes to selecting vendors.
Be sure to checkout the end of this blog for two free downloads: On The Go Wedding Vendor Questions and Ultimate Wedding Vendor Timeline Checklist with Budget Tracker
- Are you available for my date?
- What do you require in order to book your services?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What planning packages do you offer and what do they include?
- Can you work with my budget?
- What do you require in order to book your services?
- Do you have a preferred vendor list and how does this affect how you choose your vendors?
- What vendors will you assist me with booking?
- How many hours will my wedding planner be there the day of the wedding and what can I expect them to do?
Day of Coordinator
- What happens if for any reason you are unable to be there the day of the wedding?
- How many hours will my Day of Coordinator be there the day of the wedding and what can I expect them to do?
- Are you able to share with me examples of weddings you have done in the past?
- What challenges have you faced in the past and how did you deal with them?
- How far in advance can I reserve my date?
- What are the rates for different days and times of the week?
- How many hours are included in the rental of the space? How early can we arrive and how late can we stay?
- What is the latest possible date to make changes to our reservation?
- Do you require that we use wedding insurance?
- If you have a list of approved vendors do we have to use them?
- Is the site handicap accessible?
- Are there noise restrictions?
- Is parking available on-site and how much space is there?
- Do you have your own sound equipment and speakers or will those need to be rented?
- What is the backup plan for inclement weather?
- Are there any decor restrictions?
- When can vendors arrive for set up?
- Is there a bridal and groom getting ready room and if so when is it accessible?
“When it comes to booking your wedding vendors, it is important to make sure that you book each one at the right time. If you wait too long, you may have to spend more time searching.”
- Are there any service charges?
- What is the capacity?
- What is the backup plan incase of rain?
- What amenities/extras do you offer?
- Do you have a liquor license?
- Who will be my main point of contact?
- How much parking space is available?
- Tell us about your wedding catering experience?
- What kind of meal service do you offer?
- What is included in your package and what costs extra?
- Do you offer menu tastings?
- Tell us about your catering staff and servers?
- How will the food be prepared on the wedding day?
- Are the menus fixed or can we create a custom menu?
- Do you have licenses and liability insurance?
- How many years have you been shooting weddings and how many weddings have you shot total?
- Can we see some of your past work from real weddings?
- How would you describe your wedding photography style?
- What is your photo editing style?
- Do you have different packages and what do they include?
- What is it like to work with you on the day of the wedding?
- When will we receive our wedding photos?
Alcohol & Bartending
- Where will the bar be located?
- What drinks will be served?
- Will regular non-alcoholic drinks be served?
- Are there enough bartenders to serve the number of guests?
- What time will the bar open and close?
- Will there be a bar menu and how will it be displayed?
If you need to find more than three vendors during certain months, try dividing the vendor search by months or assigning a vendor to a member of your team to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Are you able to travel if needed?
- What type of weddings have you officiated?
- What is your ceremony style?
- What are your fees?
- Will you provide us with wording of our ceremony ahead of time?
- What is your wedding officiant attire?
- Will you participate in the rehearsal?
- How long have you been a floral designer?
- Do you employ any sustainability practices in your business?
- Can we see photos of your past work at weddings?
- How will you ensure designs represent us as a couple?
- What flowers do you suggest for my wedding’s season?
DJ, Bands, & Musician
- The stakes are high for your wedding makeup and that’s why we have trial runs!
- How long have you been DJing weddings?
- Can we give you a list of must hear songs and a do not play list?
- Will you take song requests from our guests during the event?
- Does your contact include overtime in case we want to extend the party?
- Have you performed at our venue before?
- Will you coordinate soundcheck at the wedding venue on the day of?
- What are your most popular party rentals?
- What is the estimated rental fee? Are all taxes and services quoted up front?
- How will this process work and how will you handle communication?
- When do we need to finalize our rental order?
- How long is the rental period?
- Are alterations included in the cost of my gown?
- How many fittings will I need to have?
- What is the typical deposit on a wedding dress?
- How customizable is this dress?
- What accessories will look good with this dress?
- Do I have to wear undergarments with this gown?
- When do I pay the balance?
- Will the dress be steamed at pick up?